Saturday 15 August 2009

Why is the NHS being ridiculed in America?

Is the whole of America, the press and the British representatives in America all stupid? Sure we all have our complaints about the state of the NHS, but, if you're sick you turn up at Hospital and get treated. Want nicer surroundings and faster treatment times for non essential operations then go private. In America 50 million people can't get treatment no matter how ill they are, yet the commentators out there seem to think that by adopting a national health scheme they'll reduce the quality of their entire health care system. Why? Surely 210 million people can still afford to pay for their private medical schemes as our better off citizens do, yet the 50 million poor people who currently are left to fend for themselves will get the help they need.

I get so frustrated at the obvious failings in the arguments we hear in the press. The NHS doesn't represent the only option for health care in this country, and wouldn't be the only option in the American system. America must think we are a nation of the sick and poor, believing that we all have to suffer under funded basic health care. Even the worst examples of NHS incompetence wouldn't live up to the American vision of us.

The NHS has a poor reputation because of successive government mis-management. But not long ago it was something the whole world were jealous of. The principles work and would work well for an uncaring country like America. Just learn from our mistakes, spend money on it wisely. Don't waste money, don't starve it of resources and give support to the health care workers who commit their lives to its success.

1 comment:

  1. For us in Europe the present American Healthcare system is incomprehensible. That anyone can oppose the new reform Barack Obama is suggesting is also beyond my understanding.

    Another thing which is beyond my understanding is the GTS Tuning ignorance of their customers. I feel that I have been fooled by them and I will never see my parts or my money again. I can’t reach them by phone and by email they nearly not answer at all. When they answer they have different reason why the parts are not shipped and they promise to send them immediately. But nothing happens.
    Yesterday I send an email to GTS were I was little rude. But what pisses me off is the false promising they keep sending me.

    I would be very happy if I could get my paid and ordered parts and I wouldn’t need to spend time to chase GTS.

    Regards
    Timothy from Sweden

    ReplyDelete